So I’m in the third year of keeping up (more or less) with this blog, and things sure have changed! When I first started, I was a stressed out grad student in small town NC with no idea where I was going in life. Now I’m a working, married lady living in California. Who knew. Either way, I thought I would re-introduce myself to those new followers 🙂
- I have an MS in exercise physiology with a concentration in clinical populations, and chronic disease management and prevention. That means I’m not here to tell you how much to lift to get big, nor am I going to tell you how to lose weight fast. I’m here to tell you how to live a long, fit, and minimally medicated lifestyle.
- I’m a moderate endurance junkie. I’m currently training for a half-iron distance triathlon this September in Santa Cruz. I also love half marathons, and have a few marathons under my belt. If you continue following me, you’ll get reviews of all the races I’ve done.
- This blog is completely recreational for me. That means all posts are original and mine. I’m not sponsored, so the things that I love are things I actually use, and my rants are all backed by experience and academic research.
- I’m obsessed with my dogs. I have two: a german/aussie mutt and a miniature dachshund. They are best friends.
- I love posting on Instagram. Its my own little photo album of my life. When I’m feeling down, I just scroll through all my photos. Follow me here, and I’d love to follow you back!
- I made a big move from the mountains of North Carolina to Silicon Valley in California for a job. I’ve been here for almost 2 years now, and to be honest I’m still not entirely used to it, and often feel homesick for NC.
- I’m a cryer. If I’m excited, I’m crying. Sad? I’m crying. Mad? Yup, crying. The featured photo up there of me at the Grand Canyon? My nose is red because behind those sun glasses, I was so excited to be there that I was crying.
- I don’t follow a specific diet. I try to eat as little processed food as possible, but I have a soft spot for chocolate, wine, and ice cream. My husband has celiac disease, so most of what we eat is gluten free.
- I got married this year! We had a destination wedding in June. It was so easy to plan and we had a blast. I’m still in the honeymoon stage, and am more than happy to talk wedding stuff with you!
- I love when people ask me about health and fitness. As a fitness professional, I feel like people are afraid to ask me things because they don’t want me to feel like I’m at “work” when I’m with them. But to be honest I really like talking about it, thats why I pursued it. Ask me anything 🙂
Tell me about yourself.