If you love to cook and be entertained, may I introduce you to Thug Kitchen. Healthy, delicious, vegetarian meals, with a side of colorful vocabulary. I cannot even put into words how awesome this cook book is so I will give you some of the recipe ideas and excerpts from their blog:
- Spiced Apple Waffles: “You know damn well you don’t eat enough fruit but you sure as shit hit that waffle quota every month. Why not sneak some fruit into your batter for a sweet winter treat that will make you feel less guilty for your waffle habit.”
- Roasted Tomato Soup: “It’s below freezing and you’ve been walking through people’s goddamn cough clouds all day. At this point, soup is fucking inevitable but don’t grab some condensed crap. Your body needs some vitamins, not a shitload of sodium. Roast up this bad motherfucker and elevate your soup game.”
- Chickpea Pesto Sandwich: “GARBANZO BEANS. CHICKPEAS. WHATEVERTHEFUCK YOU WANT TO CALL THEM. These tiny bastards are filled to the brim with protein, fiber, iron, folate, B-6, magnesium, and all kinds of other boss nutritious shit that your body needs on the daily.If you’re short on time or feeling lazy you can buy them already cooked in a can. They’re less than a fucking dollar. Try them as a sandwich filling, blended up to make hummus, or roasted and wrapped into a burrito. I mean shit, you can use this recipe as a dip or toss it on top of salad. Chickpeas are versatile as fuck.”
- Badass Bean Dip: “What’s a party without a super bowl of bean dip? But don’t buy some sorry ass pop-top dip at the store, that shit looks like some damn cat food. Stop wasting space at your snack bar with that beige bullshit and make this dope dip instead.”
- Sparkling Grapefruit & Gin Punch : “Don’t just ring in the New Year, start that motherfucker off with a BANG. This is a punch that lives up to the name, so you and your friends might be dropping before the ball does this year. So if you’re gonna get fall down drunk, do it with some goddamn class. “
Those are just a few of their recipes, and the book has so much more. I bought the cookbook as a wedding gift for a good friend, and ended up getting my own for Christmas, and I make something out of it a couple times a week. You can purchase your own on Amazon for just $15, I highly recommend this cookbook, its definitely worth it.